Aside from October being the month of autumnal change, clocks going back and small witches knocking on doors to get a fuel filled sugar rush! It was also something else. National Cyber Security Month.
Whilst its not quite as exciting as dressing as a zombie to guzzle several pints at a Halloween party, it’s probably more important. Whilst a hangover can last a day or two, the effects of a Cyber attack can last a significant amount of time longer.
It was for this reason that 3o plus like minded individuals joined us in Sheffield for Cyber Security Unravelled last week.
The seminar was designed to provide business leaders an insight and overview into the cyber threat landscape without the marketing spin or technical jargon. We presented real examples and simple explanation as to how threats are delivered and impact businesses and what you can do to reduce the risks.
A Few Simple Tips;
- Cyber crime now generates more revenue than organised crime – Time to invest in cyber Security as much as physical security.
- Don’t be Click Happy! Hover over links to see the address is genuine.
- Implement a password policy across the business.
- Educate your staff to create a human firewall to protect the business.
- Check your insurance to see what you may need to do for your insurance company.